Open Call for Volunteers 2023
Have you ever thought of volunteering in Scouting at a National Level, where you’ll play an integral role in shaping the future of thousands of young minds? We’re on the lookout for passionate individuals like you, ready to dive headfirst into an exhilarating volunteer experience that will leave a lasting impact.
Three key roles are Honorary Secretary, Commissioner for Finance and the Commissioner for Funding. You can find out more about their roles and responsibilities here:
Honorary SecretaryRole Description - Honorary Secretary
Commissioner, FinanceRole Description - Commissioner for Finance
- Monitor available funding opportunities from EU, MCVS and other entities
- Inform Scout Groups on Funding Opportunities
- Assist Scout Groups in applying for funding, assist in funding procedures and providing a way forward.
- Maintain a good relationship with Regional councils in Malta and lobby towards inclusion of our Association as eligible NGOs in those councils
- Maintain a good relationship with the Good Causes Fund
If you have any questions about these roles, please contact us, we’re more than happy to discuss in detail.
In addition, we are creating a number of Working Groups which have a shorter term and are linked to specific projects:
Safe From Harm Team
We are looking for volunteers to join the Safe from Harm team. These members shall take on the role of Safeguarding Awareness Coordinators as listed in rule 2.4.f et seq of the POR with the responsibility of:
- advising the Chief Commissioner on the implementation of the Association’s Child Protection and Anti Bullying Policies within the organisation.
- monitoring compliance with these policies within the organisation and reporting their findings to the Chief Commissioner.
- provide general guidance to the various Groups in the organisation
- advise Commissioners of the actions required in the event of a suspicion or allegation of abuse.
Communications Working Group
We are looking for young members who are passionate about communications and branding and with an eye for design and messaging to participate in this Working Group.
The objectives of the group are:
- To collect feedback from the Association about the preferred methods of communication with our members and our brand/image.
- To organise a workshop to discuss the feedback above, explore new options and ideas.
- To prepare a report with recommendations to the NSC on the way forward.
Membership Fees Working Group
We are looking for individuals who can understand the needs if the different parties involved and can find pragmatic and fair solutions to participate in this Working Group.
The objectives of the group are:
- To consider the financial needs of SAM, consider the fees that other similar organisations charge, and consider the financial realities that our members and leaders face.
- To prepare a report with recommendations to the NSC on the way forward with regards to membership fees for the Scout Association of Malta starting from January 2024.
We are looking for people with an eye for detail, strong linguistic skills and the ability to analyse and compare several documents to support this team which will be led by a member of the National Scout Council.
The objectives of the team are:
- Review the existing POR, byelaws and various policies of the Association
- Consider the decisions taken by the NSC that require updates to our byelaws and policies
- Draft the necessary updates for consideration and approval by the NSC
- Provide recommendations to update our constitution, policies and byelaws as necessary to be more streamlined and in tune with the Association’s legal and constitutional obligations.
If you have any questions about the Teams or Working Groups, please contact the Chief Scout on firstname.lastname@example.org or the Chief Commissioner on email@example.com
After applying, applicants will be contacted with details about the recruitment process. During this process, to provide any necessary documentation. In the case of members, the GSL will be informed of applications. In the case of non-members, a nomination form from two memebrs will be required.
So, are you ready to unleash your potential and make a profound difference?